Hands down this is one of my favorite summer salad/dip recipes because it is easy, tasty, healthy and yes, packed with protein and fiber.
Enjoy it as a side dish or serve as a dip with blue corn chips, flax seed chips…even toasted pita.
* 1 large tomato, diced
* 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
* 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
* 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
* 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
* 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
* 1/4 cup canola oil
* 1/2 can sweet corn
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 2 (15-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
Combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together the rice wine vinegar, canola oil, salt and pepper.
Toss everything together and let marinate for at up to 8 hours in the refrigerator before serving. Serves 6.
Note: If you enjoy mango and you have a well functioning digestive system (i.e.: your stomach can tolerate fruit with food) chop one ripe mango and add it in. YUM.