New Year’s Resolutions
Did you know that 92% of all New Year’s resolutions fail? However much we WANT them to succeed, we need more than wishful thinking to make them happen. The most common type of resolution – to lose weight, get in shape, or improve our overall health – is also one of the hardest to stick to for so many.
Consider the following four tips people attribute their success to:
1) Make your resolution known: Share your intentions for better health with people you respect and trust.
2) Stay accountable: Track your progress and stay honest. Find someone you can be accountable to who inspires you.
3) Reward yourself: Treat yourself to smaller rewards along the way, and bigger rewards for bigger milestones.
4) Find a program, not just products that work: At the Sanctuary we can’t live without our Shaklee Weight Management & Weight Loss Products – yet this isn’t enough. You have to commit to a program in order to succeed long term.
Need help? We are here to teach, support & cheer you on! You can view our wellness services here.
Whether you’re an athlete, sports fan, coach, weekend warrior or somewhere in between, your muscles keep your body strong, lean & healthy. What you feed them is important & affects your overall health!
One of our favorite sports nutrition products we use is Physique. It’s designed for those on the go & contains everything you need: Optimal ratios of proteins, carbohydrates, and electrolytes & nothing you don’t need: No artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors or preservatives, ever.
Physique has the Right Ingredients to:
+Allow your body to absorb a full spectrum of amino acids over time;
+Help build firm, lean muscles
+Help restore muscle energy;
+Support muscle repair
Check it out here.
Want To Feel GREAT? Give Me “B” Complex!!
People often ask Stephanie, what are the best vitamins to take to FEEL GOOD, HAVE ENERGY, MANAGE STRESS?
Steph’s answer: B Vitamins! Everyday life (with its stress, toxins) puts great demands on our bodies for extra B vitamins. The B vitamins act as co-enzymes and are indispensable for metabolism. It is hard to name a system in the body where B vitamins are not needed. They are part of the immune system, the creation of red blood cells, reproductive system, brain, and energy production. At the Sanctuary, we call them the “happy pill”.
Not sure which ones to take? No worries. We love the Shaklee B-Complex. It contains all 8 of the B Vitamins, in the amounts we need and can absorb. And, what it says on the label, is actually what is in the bottle. You can check them out here.
Shaklee Physique or Performance and Joint & Muscle Pain Cream with Golf Balls/Glove
Shaklee Energy Chews & Joint & Muscle Pain Cream with Sports Book
Shaklee Stress Relief & Nutri-Feron with Shave Kit or Cosmetic Bag
Shaklee Energy Tea & Shaklee Fiber Advantage Bars with Exercise Clothing
Shaklee Enfuselle Shower Gel & Shower Lotion with Plush Bath Towels or Bathrobe
Shaklee Shea Butter Cream with Relaxing Music CD and Socks or Slippers
Shaklee Energy Tea & Cinch Snack Bars with Tea Cup and Hot Water Bottle
Shaklee Stress Relief & Shea Butter Cream with Eckhart Tolle Book: “The Power of Now”
PATH TO WELLNESS/ANTI-AGING:
Shaklee Vitalizer with Frank Forencich Book: Exuberant Animal
Shaklee VIVIX with John Izzo Book: “The 5 Secrets You Must Discover Before You Die”
Shaklee Weight Loss Kit with Geneen Roth Book: “Women, Food & God”
Shaklee Get Clean Household Mini Kit with Sloan Barnett Book: “Green Goes with Everything”
Shaklee Get Clean Mini Kitchen Kit with Set of Holiday Dishtowels
Shaklee Gentle Baby Wash & Soothing Lotion with Baby Blanket or Hooded Towel
Shaklee Herbal Multi-Purpose Cream with Set of Gloves or Socks or Scarf
Get FREE shipping (up to $20) when you place an order of $200 or more. Offer applies to orders placed on a PWS, MyShaklee.com and mobile. Order by the deadline and you’ll receive your items no later than Dec. 24.
Questions? Email Stephanie here.
View FULL Steph’s FULL Shaklee Website here.
1. We can identify what is stressful
2. Talk with someone important to us
3. Plan ahead
5. Tackle problems one by one
6. Develop possibility thinking
7. Eliminate negative self talk and replace it with positive self talk.
8. Affirm ourselves everyday
9. Avoid food offenders, alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, caffeine and sugar
10. Incorporate daily, specific nutrients through high quality supplementation. Adrenaline from stress destroys Vitamins B, C and Zinc. My favorite supplement regimen is: Vitalizer, Stress Relief Complex and Energizing Soy Protein.
I don’t believe diets work for long term healthy weight loss. Why? Most diets are devoid of essential nutrients and fiber that give us the energy we need to feel good and stay healthy. In particular, most diets fail to have enough high quality, low fat protein.
When most of us think about the health benefits of dietary protein, its role in body building comes to mind – and rightly so. No new body tissue can be built without it. However, research also suggests that the intake of high-quality protein in the context of healthy eating may have positive effects on our body weight and body composition as we age, as well as play a role in the prevention of chronic diseases such as heart disease and certain types of cancer.
- Weight Management: Studies have shown that achieving a healthy weight and maintaining that weight can help add years to your life and scientists believe that dietary protein may play an important role in weight management. High-protein diets may promote significantly more weight loss compared to lower protein diets because of protein’s role in promoting satiety.
- Age Related Muscle Loss: After about age 40, most adults, lose anywhere between 0.5% and 1% of their skeletal muscle mass each year. Insufficient protein intake in older adults can contribute to a loss of muscle. And muscle = metabolism. Protein intake in older adults also appears to have a more beneficial effect when consumed within an hour or so of resistance exercise.
- How Much Protein Is Enough? Although no one-size-fits-all answer exists for that question and research on the topic is still emerging, the current RDA for protein is 0.8 grams per kilogram body weight for healthy young adults. That comes to about 62 grams of protein a day for a person who weighs170 pounds. It’s important to pay attention to what comes along with the protein in your food choices. An eight-ounce broiled porterhouse steak is a great source of complete protein—54 grams worth. But it also delivers 44 grams of fat, 16 of which are saturated. Saturated fats raise blood cholesterol and high blood cholesterol increases the risk of heart disease. On the other hand, a cup of cooked lentils has 18 grams of protein, but less than one gram of fat. Vegetable sources of protein, including soy protein beverage mixes are also an excellent choice and many also provide healthful amounts of other essential nutrients such as fiber, vitamins, and minerals. The best animal protein choices are fish, poultry and nonfat dairy. If you are partial to red meat, such as beef, pork, or lamb, stick with the leanest cuts, choose moderate portion sizes, and make it only an occasional part of your diet.
If you’re looking to drop major weight or get rid of that pesky final five, the Shaklee Cinch® weight management products will help you cross the finish line with ease. Uncomplicated and fully customizable, the Cinch Inch Loss Plan is supported by years of clinical research, offering an easy and stress-free path to shedding those unwanted pounds.
In just one year Julie got healthier by losing 115 pounds and 59 inches with Cinch: View Julie Wiley Video Here.
It is NOT about getting more beautiful. You already are beautiful. It IS about getting healthy!
**To try CINCH at a 15% discount, & learn how CINCH can work for you, contact Stephanie via email here by Thursday May 31st**
We do love our sweet treats here at BWS. And we also like to manage our waistlines too! So… finding ways to make things healthy, simple and tasty is our intention. One secret weapon we often use is the Shaklee 180 Meal Shakes as a way to sweeten snack & dessert recipes while adding a healthy dose of protein and fiber. We don’t eat many “packaged” foods, yet this one is hard to beat — it contains nothing artificial, is low glycemic, and comes in 4 luscious flavors: chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, cafe latte. For this recipe, which can be used as a energizing breakfast, we used the strawberry flavor.
8oz Vanilla Soy Milk, Almond Milk or Lowfat Milk
2 Scoops Strawberry Smoothee Mix
2 Tbsp low-fat cream cheese (or tofutti)
1/2 Cup frozen strawberries
Blend and Enjoy! Makes one serving. Enjoy it as a meal replacement or have it as a snack after a very hardy work out
If you love fiber as much as Stephanie does, add 1/4 cup oat bran, raw oats or ground flaxmeal. For a thicker smoothee, add more cream cheese/tofutti.