On the 180 Weight Loss Plan, this is now one of my favorite smoothies!! I have it for lunch, post work out.
-2 Scoops Cafe Latte Smoothee
-1 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
-1/2 Cup Blueberries
-5 Brazil Nuts (optional)
-1 Tbsp Cacao Nibs or Cacao Powder
-4 Kale Leaves (optional)
To blender add milk first, then rest of ingredients.
Note: If you need/want more protein, add 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese. If I have done a weight work out, I add the cottage cheese.
If you want a real coffee fix, add 1/4 tsp instant coffee!
On January 15th our 180 Weight Loss Program starts. Some of us want to lose serious weight, others want to get leaner & healthier. Peter wants to get back into his skinny jeans & Stephanie her size 4 velvet jacket! Those participating in this program are learning about the “right” kind of weight loss. So many people get stuck in the yo yo diet cycle because they cut back the wrong type of calories, and lose the wrong type of weight–muscle. When you lose muscle, you slow down your metabolism. When you come off the diet, you re-gain the weight and more. The method behind our 180 weight loss program is stop the yo yo: lose the fat, keep the muscle. In the above picture, notice the 5 lbs of fat on the left takes up more space than the 5 lbs of muscle on the right. When you lose the right kind of weight, the fat, your body shape changes, you lose inches & your metabolism stays intact. If you missed our 180 meetings last week & are looking to lose weight or get leaner, contact Stephanie here for more information.
Let’s face it, the discipline and stamina required to lose weight doesn’t always feel sexy, yet getting back into those skinny jeans, or that suit or favorite dress certainly does!
In January we are excited to offer you a complete 180 Weight Loss Program designed around the concept: 90 Days to Lose + 90 Days to Learn How To Keep it Off. As we face the staggering statistic of 2/3 of Americans being overweight to obese, we simply cannot ignore the issue of achieving AND MAINTAINING healthy weight any longer. And truly, healthy weight is the entry point to good health.
If you are interested in joining us on the Skinny Jean Crusade, commit & come to one of our Events at the Sanctuary:
RSVP is required for one of the following time slots:
Friday, Jan 4th 6-7pm
Saturday, Jan 5th 12-1pm
Sunday, Jan 6th 4-5pm
Monday, Jan 7th 7-8pm
RSVP To Stephanie here to attend one of the above sessions. We will have FUN:) Rewards & prizes to boot!
Still looking to drop a few pounds?
The key to long term weight loss is turning fat into muscle. This is exactly what the CINCH Inch Loss Plan is based upon. And it works!!
Click here & listen to how Laura went from a Size 10 to a Size 2!
Please Note: CINCH 4th Month Free Offer ends July 31st. See full details here.
This IS NOT about getting more beautiful…you ALREADY ARE BEAUTIFUL.
This IS about getting HEALTHIER.
More questions? Email Stephanie here.
I don’t believe diets work for long term healthy weight loss. Why? Most diets are devoid of essential nutrients and fiber that give us the energy we need to feel good and stay healthy. In particular, most diets fail to have enough high quality, low fat protein.
When most of us think about the health benefits of dietary protein, its role in body building comes to mind – and rightly so. No new body tissue can be built without it. However, research also suggests that the intake of high-quality protein in the context of healthy eating may have positive effects on our body weight and body composition as we age, as well as play a role in the prevention of chronic diseases such as heart disease and certain types of cancer.
- Weight Management: Studies have shown that achieving a healthy weight and maintaining that weight can help add years to your life and scientists believe that dietary protein may play an important role in weight management. High-protein diets may promote significantly more weight loss compared to lower protein diets because of protein’s role in promoting satiety.
- Age Related Muscle Loss: After about age 40, most adults, lose anywhere between 0.5% and 1% of their skeletal muscle mass each year. Insufficient protein intake in older adults can contribute to a loss of muscle. And muscle = metabolism. Protein intake in older adults also appears to have a more beneficial effect when consumed within an hour or so of resistance exercise.
- How Much Protein Is Enough? Although no one-size-fits-all answer exists for that question and research on the topic is still emerging, the current RDA for protein is 0.8 grams per kilogram body weight for healthy young adults. That comes to about 62 grams of protein a day for a person who weighs170 pounds. It’s important to pay attention to what comes along with the protein in your food choices. An eight-ounce broiled porterhouse steak is a great source of complete protein—54 grams worth. But it also delivers 44 grams of fat, 16 of which are saturated. Saturated fats raise blood cholesterol and high blood cholesterol increases the risk of heart disease. On the other hand, a cup of cooked lentils has 18 grams of protein, but less than one gram of fat. Vegetable sources of protein, including soy protein beverage mixes are also an excellent choice and many also provide healthful amounts of other essential nutrients such as fiber, vitamins, and minerals. The best animal protein choices are fish, poultry and nonfat dairy. If you are partial to red meat, such as beef, pork, or lamb, stick with the leanest cuts, choose moderate portion sizes, and make it only an occasional part of your diet.
If you’re looking to drop major weight or get rid of that pesky final five, the Shaklee Cinch® weight management products will help you cross the finish line with ease. Uncomplicated and fully customizable, the Cinch Inch Loss Plan is supported by years of clinical research, offering an easy and stress-free path to shedding those unwanted pounds.
In just one year Julie got healthier by losing 115 pounds and 59 inches with Cinch: View Julie Wiley Video Here.
It is NOT about getting more beautiful. You already are beautiful. It IS about getting healthy!
**To try CINCH at a 15% discount, & learn how CINCH can work for you, contact Stephanie via email here by Thursday May 31st**
Let Shaklee Products Help You Recover!
Shaklee products can help keep you recover from leftover Holiday stress, unhealthy temptations, indulgence in rich or difficult to digest foods, and can offer immune system support when you need it.
- Vivix® and Vitalizer – Never let a busy schedule run you down, or keep you from maintaining your nutritional foundation. Give your body, and your cells, nutrients they need to stay healthy, energized and strong.*
- Cinch® – Even in a hurry, you still have time to enjoy the best breakfast in the world! Carry Cinch Shake packets wherever you go and be sure to stow a few Cinch Snack Bars into your backpack, briefcase or purse, to fend off the temptation of high-calorie fast food while running errands or shopping at the mall.
- NutriFeron® – higher stress levels and winter mean challenges to your immune system’s optimal functioning. NutriFeron increases production of your body’s natural interferon, a key component of immune function.*
- EZ-Gest® – Too much of a good thing can be…uncomfortable. Take EZ-Gest as needed for digestive help after rich holiday meals.*
- Stress Relief Complex* – A non-drowsy approach to help manage life’s everyday stresses so you can get things done.
If you have questions, contact Stephanie via email here and she will guide you!
25 LBS Healthier in 90 Days!
From a Size 10 to a Size 6!
90 Day Wellness Program
LOSE WEIGHT, DETOX, RENEW, REVITALIZE
Contact me for details here.
Great for breakfast, treats or slimming down:
3 tablespoons Vanilla Energizing Soy Protein
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup crushed pineapple
20 raw almonds
1/4 cup raw oats
Blend and pour into 2 chilled glasses.
Often on the path to optimal health and wellness it can feel overwhelming. One might ask, where do I begin? When there are so many choices about what to focus on, unfortunately, many of us choose to do nothing. To make it easier, I suggest choosing one thing, one area to focus on. For example, if you are looking to lose weight, maybe the first step is simply adding in or increasing exercise to at least 4 times per week. When the excuses come, such as “I don’t have time”, challenge your old way of thinking! Get up early, move at lunch, or head to the gym directly from work. If you don’t like the gym, get outside and play, swim, kayak, walk… Change simply can’t take place if we continue to do the same thing because we tell ourself the same story over and over again. You may be pleasantly surprised how amazing you feel when you stop thinking about it and just do it. Try it for 30 days, no excuses.